Grace here! This week, we have an awesome Baking with Aunt Brenda video, where the gals are making apple dumplings…a favorite in both of our families!
Here is the full recipe…enjoy! Ingredients:
—2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls —2 sticks butter
—1 1/2 cups brown sugar
—1 teaspoon vanilla
—1 teaspoon cinnamon
—1 1/2 cups 7 Up (or other lemon soda)
—2 apples (golden delicious or granny smith)
1. Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
3. Peel and core apples, then cut each apple into eight (8) slices.
4. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in buttered dish.
5. Melt butter, stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, and when it has thickened, remove from heat and pour over dumplings.
6. Pour soda in the middle and along the edges of the pan (not over the rolls).
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown. 8. Serve warm.
YUM! Be sure to let us know in the comments what your family’s favorite fall dessert is! Are you in the apple or pumpkin camp, or both? 😉
Before I sign off, I wanted to share with you a little anecdote from my week that I think relates to this lovely recipe, and I’m calling it Sharing Sweetness. 🙂
It is so easy to get established in our everyday lives and forget to reach out to people or step outside of our comfort zones—we all do it! At the time of writing this, I just returned from my clogging dance practice, where I tend to stay in my own bubble, because things are so routine.
Tonight, I was helping to lead our monthly “business” meeting, where we stop dancing long enough to talk about performances, times, and such. 😉 A very sweet but shy little girl who is new to our group raised her hand to ask a question, and was shocked and pleasantly surprised that I knew her name when I called on her.
Now, I’m definitely not saying this to glorify myself, because goodness knows I could reach out to others more often, but only to encourage you that little acts of kindness (aka Sharing Sweetness 🙂 ) go a long way. This especially applies to welcoming and including people who may be new or feel left out.
You never know…someday it might be you who needs a little bit of sweetness in your day. 😉
Anywho, that’s it for now, so we hope you enjoy this week’s videos!
XOXO, Grace 🙂